Bib existed from the early 19 Century but has come a long way from the early cloth version to absorb drinks or foods. Slowly migrated into paper Bibs and now into Silicone Bibs. Managing an infant’s food and drinks can be a messy affair. Almost 48% of the food kids eat gets wasted.
Lisa D’Amato came up with a food container and serving vessel both in one unit to resolve this fundamental problem.
Dare-U-GO! is a 5-in-1 food storage bib appropriate for travel and convenience for babies/toddlers. The brainchild of Dare-U-Go innovator Lisa D’Amato, who wanted to solve this problem and came up with an ingenious design Bib with Compartments (patented). Lisa ensured that the key aspect of sealing the food was resolved with its Bib unit seals air-tight. Pack it on the go and carefully place it in your purse or diaper bag, mess-free. Compartments seals within the Bib into a nice package.
Dare-U-Go at a glance:
- Bib plate with compartments for baby.
- Founder: Lisa D’Amato
- Asked For $75,000 for 20% at $375,000 valuation on Shark Tank.
- Received $350,000 for 50%.
- Currently, Lisa (founder) is valued at more than $46 million.
Who owns Dare u Go?
Lisa D’Amato was a celebrity as she had already won America’s Top Model in 2017. Now, as a mother of two toddlers on the go, she was determined to make meals on the go easier for parents and kids.
D’Amato got her business started with a successful Kickstarter campaign which helped her to raise $37,511. The product was even shipped in early 2018. The Dare U Go design is a new design take as compared to the traditional bib. It comes with food-grade silicone and has a smooth neck rest for babies and with re-sealable compartments for storing snacks and food within the bib.
The idea to use the bib as storage and plate at the same time was a cool one. Each unit was available for $22.99 and a variety of colors and came with a “spork”. Already available at Wal-Mart and Amazon and retailers in over a dozen of countries. D’Amato was now venturing in the next league of the business with Shark’s help to reach an exploding growth. Do you think the Sharks Dare to invest?
What Happened to Dare-U-Go After Shark Tank?
The inventor behind Dare-U-GO! Product, Lisa D’Amato, pitched her business on Shark Tank in March 2019. Lisa sought investment of $350,000 against 10% equity.
Lisa D’Amato, the founder of Dare-U-Go, had to learn the hard way in the shark tank episode. Her reference to the market statistics to predict growth was clearly shut down by the sharks. Mark Cuban clearly stated we do not want you to tell how big the market is that’s the first rule.
Once Mark opts out soon Kevin and Lori also step out of the deal. Robert goes to give an offer of $350,000 at 30% with a full loan caveat. Barbara brings the offer of $350,000 for 35% equity with $150,000 in cash and the remaining as a Loan. Lisa accepts the offer immediately.
California-based model turned entrepreneur Lisa D’Amato closed the deal with Barbara. Post the shark tank episode in March 2019, the business has flourished and grown to be available in 20 countries and with the benefit of products manufactured in the USA.
Lisa explained that the cost of the per-unit cost was only $2.68 to make and sells for $22.99. The Sharks loved that profit margin and numbers.
Dare-U-Go net worth:
At the time of the shark tank appearance, Dare-U-Go was valued at around $700,000.
Investors in the company:
- Barbara is an American businesswoman, investor, columnist, author, and television personality.
- Founded The Corcoran Group, a real estate brokerage in NY City, which she sold to NRT for $66 million in 2001.
- Being a “shark” investor, Corcoran has appeared in all 12 seasons of ABC’s Shark Tank to date
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4 x 3 x 8.5 inches||1.5 x 8 x 14.25 inches||2.21 x 7.25 x 8.85 inches|
|Particulars||Silicone, Waterproof, Airtight compartment and patented.||Silicone, Waterproof||Silicone, Waterproof|
|Weight||3.52 ounces||3.38 ounces||12.9 ounces|
- Dare-U-Go! is a bib, container with compartments, and fits into a highchair! Goodbye stains, individually food serve.
- The bib is durable and the bib folds down as a perfect-seal lid, and underneath can hold a Spork holder!
- Three compartments in the bib to ensure perfect portions of healthy meals and avoid any food mess.
- Its soft neckband rests comfortably against the baby’s neck and the adjustable fastener means that it can grow with your child.
- Made from food-grade silicone that is BPA and PVC-free.
Is Dare-U-Go still in business?
Definitely Yes, the company has grown phenomenally to have reached more than 20 countries. Lisa the founder of Dare-U-GO is now worth $46 Million.
In September 2020, Lisa has taken another bold step to announce that 50% of sales from dareugo.com will go towards racial equality charitable causes. Lisa does care about the future of this nation and all of the people who live in it.
Do Share Your Thoughts:
Do tell us all your thoughts in the comments section below, we look forward to reading all the comments in the section below.
Also, do check useful Startup Resources and Tools below and do join our newsletter 📰 for free for more interesting Business Case Studies 💰, Startup Insights 🚀, and Startup founders podcast 🎙️ delivered to your inbox every Sunday morning.
Do follow us:
- Locker Board: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Define Bottle: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Kisstixx: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Heidi Ho: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Cave Shake(Space Shake): What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Sarah Oliver Handbags: What Happened After Shark Tank?
What is Dare-U-Go?
Dare-U-GO! is a 5-in-1 food storage bib appropriate for travel and convenience for babies/toddlers.
Who founded Dare-U-Go?
The brainchild of Dare-U-Go innovator Lisa D’Amato, who wanted to solve this problem and came up with an ingenious design Bib with Compartments.