Has your child been playing with play dough or any other modeling clay? Isn’t it high time that you found out if your kid is safe or not?
Now there are alternatives that we should be aware of them and use, one such alternative is Soy -Yer dough now Yer Dough. Sawyer Sparks is the CEO of Yer-Dough company, who is an economist and he came up with the idea in the easiest place you can imagine.
Soy Yer Dough – the eco-friendly, non-toxic, and allergy-free play dough that’s taking the market by storm. Made with all-natural ingredients, Soy Yer Dough is not only safe for kids of all ages, but also for the environment. And with its unique texture and scent, Soy Yer Dough provides a sensory experience that engages the imagination and develops fine motor skills.
But what really sets Soy Yer Dough apart is its commitment to sustainability and social responsibility. From its ingredients to its packaging, Soy Yer Dough is designed to minimize waste and maximize impact. So join us in exploring the world of Soy Yer Dough – where playtime meets purpose!
Soy-Yer Dough at a glance:
- Gluten-free play dough.
- Founder: Sawyer Sparks
- Asked For $125,000 for 25% at a $500,000 valuation on Shark Tank.
- Accepted offer of $300,000 for 51%
- Currently doing sales of more than $5 million.
- Acquired by Sustainable Projects Group (SPGX) in 2020.
The story of Soy-Yer dough was in his mother’s kitchen. The dough was made from rice flour which makes it edible sources also said that it contained high amounts of soya. This dough was unique as it was edible and this was developed when the founder Sawyer Sparks’ daughter was said to be affected by celiac disease. This gave him shock and he prohibited his daughter from playing with play dough.
He decided to make this product that any kid with allergies who wants to play can without fear but with care. The soy-Yer dough is made of rice and is soft to the touch. The Yer-Dough company was founded in 2008.
Soy-Yer Dough Shark Tank Pitch:
Sawyer Sparks steps into the shark tank seeking an investment of $125,000 for 25% equity of the company. Sparks explains that one in every eight children suffers from allergies. In comparison to any other Dough business, it was estimated at about 12 million.
The sharks were shocked by the sales of the Soy-Yer company when Sparks claimed that 8000 containers were sold and the expectation of another 1000 more. Sparks wants to keep manufacturing in the USA and overseas by selling to a larger company. He was clear that he wanted to create jobs for the locals.
The sharks quickly enter into a frenzy and Kevin O’Leary offers $125,000 for 51% of the company. Daymond John says that Kevin’s deal is too good and that is why he opted out of the deal. Robert Herjavec offers $125,000 for 40% of the company. Sparks hesitates to take the offer from Robert.
Meanwhile, Kevin says that he will offer a new deal that he will get $100,000 from 3 sharks each and 51% of the company from Kevin, Robert, and Daymond John. Sparks immediately accepts as he got lucky to get three Sharks for the price of one.
What Happened to Soy-Yer Dough After Shark Tank?
The most miraculous thing that happened after the deal with the shark tank the man who had created the recipe of dough in the mother’s kitchen had now made a factory in Bloomfield Indiana. The company changed its name from Soy-Yer Dough to Yer dough as the dough is now Soy-free and Gluten-free. The company Sustainable Project SPGX has acquired 100 % of the company including the inventory and equipment of the company.
Sawyer Sparks closed the deal with – Kevin, Robert, and John at a $100,000 investment each for 51% equity in his business. In March 2020 Sustainable Projects Group (SPGX) acquired Soy-Yer dough completely and currently, Sawyer serves its CEO and is now rebranded as YER Dough.
Soy-Yer Dough net worth:
The valuation of the company Year over Year has grown from $600,000 from inception to now currently at $5 million in 2020.
The Soy-Yer dough is a dough that has reached many stores but now sells in HAMLEYS and Online on AMAZON, SNAPDEAL, and their own website. They have already sold 8000 containers and have an order for 11,000 more.
Investors in the company:
- Kevin O’Leary is the Mr.Wonderful investor of Shark Tank, worth $400 Million.
- In 1998 O’Leary’s company Mindscape and Broderbund – with annual sales over $800 million, was sold to Mattel for $4.2 Billion.
- Robert Herjavec, owns The Herjavec Group Investments which desires to find, train, and fund entrepreneurs with a net worth of approx. 200 Million.
- Their follow-on investments in peer-selected companies in the energy, financial services, and large Internet Security Software solutions in Canada.
- Daymond John is a Businessman, Investor, Founder, and CEO of FUBU – For us By us, with a net worth of approx. 300 Million.
The dough is now known as SOY-YER DOUGH!! (YER-DOUGH currently) is soy-free gluten-free soft to the touch and edible. It is a product for all kids and students to enjoy and not to worry about any allergies.
|Edible||Not edible||Roll, mold, and extrude easily|
|6-pack Tubs||12- Sticks Multi-Color Clay||12 – Multi Color Tubs|
|898 g||200 g||460 g|
Is Soy-Yer Dough still in business?
Yer-Dough has been growing significantly due to the fact it’s safe for kids. The company has been standing out in spite of many competitors and has survived past them slowly and steadily. Yer-Dough now they have $5 million in sales and is available across various large retail stores online.
- Available in many colors comes in a 6-pack.
- The dough is edible and made of rice flour.
- Yer-Dough is Soy-free, Gluten-free
- The most important aspect is this dough solves the allergic issues for children as due to its edible nature this is safe for use with allergic kids
- Soft to the touch.
Do Share Your Thoughts:
Do tell us all your thoughts in the comments section below, we look forward to reading all the comments in the section below.
Also, do check useful Startup Resources and Tools below and join our newsletter 📰 for free for more interesting Business Case Studies 💰, Startup Insights 🚀, and Startup founders podcast 🎙️ delivered to your inbox every Sunday morning.
- Locker Board: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Define Bottle: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Kisstixx: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Heidi Ho: What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Cave Shake(Space Shake): What Happened After Shark Tank?
- Sarah Oliver Handbags: What Happened After Shark Tank?
What is Soy-Yer Dough?
Soy-Yer Dough is gluten-free play dough.
Who founded Soy-Yer Dough?
Sawyer Sparks is the CEO of Yer-Dough company, who is an economist and he came up with the idea in the easiest place you can imagine.