Q. Speed breakers are a major cause of accidents in urban areas. How many do you think exist in the city in which you reside? –Taking City as Gurgaon
No. of sectors in Gurgaon = 70
No. of roads in each sector = 100
Length of the road:
urban = 200m
rural = 100m
The area by %age of the city:
40% = rural
60% = urban
By taking weighted mean, average length of roads:
0.4×100 + 0.6×200 = 160
No. of speed breakers in each road = 2
Total no. of speed breakers in the city = 2x100x70 = 14,000 speed-breakers
Do tell us what you think!
Tell us what you think of our article on “Speed breakers are a major cause of accidents in an urban area. How many do you think exist in the city in which you reside? –Taking City as Gurgaon ” in the comment section.
Also, if you have some other alternative approach to this guesstimate feel free to forward us @ firstname.lastname@example.org. If we found your approach unique we will publish your article.
Check other examples
- The number of words an average eraser can rub off would be?
- How many people all over the world watched the Cricket World Cup Final on television?
- What amount of pencils or pens does a student uses in his entire education up to undergraduate?
- How many people in India have a membership in online video streaming applications?
- Estimate the distance your pen covered in an English Board Exam